I love purchasing a bouquet of fresh flowers to bring home every once and a while. The aroma and all around beauty that a few flowers can create is unmatchable. However their beauty seems to be only short lived as several days after they bloom, they begin to wilt.
I had a few small purple flowers to add to my gorgeous, thriving white lilies the other day. As they began to wilt, we were trying to figure out what to do with them to extend their beauty.
Take a look a this potpourri recipe. It is one of the most simple recipes EVER. Plus you will be able to savor your flowers for a whole lot longer!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
3. Tear/cut off the wilted flowers from the stem. Discard all stems and leaves. Place the wilted flowers on to your baking sheet. (Optional: thinly slice some oranges or grapefruits and lay on the sheet next to the flowers.)
4. Take a small spray bottle and mix 1 tbsp water with your favorite blend of essential oils. We always choose Young Living . Our favorite blend consists of 2 drops rose, 6 vanilla and 15 sandalwood.
5. Spray the contents of your baking sheet with 1/2 the essential oil / water mixture.
6. Pop your tray in the oven and let your flower/citrus mixer dry out for up to 2 hours, checking frequently, until the contents are dry to the touch.
7. Remove from the oven and let cool.
8. Spray with the remaining essential oil mix.
9. Pour contents into your favorite bowl. When your potpourri needs a scent refresh, simply give it a spray with your essential oil mix.
And yes, it is THAT easy! If you need essential oil blending tips, please comment below!