Choco-Coconut Banana Bread
1/3 cup melted coconut oil (or vegetable oil of your choice)
up to 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
2 1/2 medium-large bananas, roughly mashed
1/4 cup coconut milk (or nut milk of your choice)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
Optional mix ins:
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/3 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenehit.
2. Grease a loaf pan by spreading a thin layer of oil to the bottom and sides of the pan.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the oil and honey. Add the eggs and whisk some more. Add the bananas and the milk. (I like to keep my bananas on the chunky side so they add some texture to the bread.)
4. Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon and whisk just to combine.
5. Add the flour and with a spatula or large spoon, mix until just combined (don't overmix!)
6. Fold in any of the add ons you selected.
7. Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Top with a little extra cinnamon and any add-ons you desire.
8. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean (just make sure you don't stick it in the middle of a chocolate chip!).
9. Once the bread is done, remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
10. Remove the loaf from the pan and let rest on a wire rack to cool for another 10 minutes.
11. Serve and enjoy!