A no-fuss meal that is hearty, healthy, and can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Make sure to source local when possible for your produce, too!
6 medium size golden potatoes (or 2 large)
4 tbsp avocado oil
1 tbsp paprika
3 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
6 green onions
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheit.
2. Place potatoes, one at a time, between the handles of two wooden spoons. Using a sharp knife, slice each potato horizontally, stopping when the blade hits the handle of the spoon (as to not cut the potato completely).
3. Place cut potatoes in a casserole dish. Drizzle with 2 tbsp oil, and sprinkle with 1 tbsp paprika, 2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper.
4. Roast potatoes for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle an additional tbsp of oil. Set timer for an additional 20-35 minutes, or until potatoes are completely cooked - time may vary depending on the size of your spud.
5. While potatoes are roasting, place green onions on a small baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tbsp oil. Set the green onions next to the potatoes and bake roughly ten minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove onions from oven and sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Then, remove potatoes. Serve!*
**I like to eat mine with a huge dollop of hummus!