I love indulging in a healthy dessert. For this one I combined fiber-rich berries with some healthy fats including coconut oil and pecans.
1 cup strawberries
1 cup additional berries of your choice
1 banana, mashed
1/4 cup oats
1/4 cup pecans or nuts of your choice, chopped
5 tbsp flour (I used a rice-based gluten free flour)
1 tbsp flax seeds
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp honey or maple syrup (optional)
pinch of salt
pinch of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 365 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spread a thin layer of coconut oil to the bottom of a pie dish.
3. In a mixing bowl, toss sliced berries with 2 tbsp flour and spread along the bottom of the pie dish.
4. In the same mixing bowl, mash the banana with a fork. Stir in the oats, nuts, flax seeds, coconut oil, salt and remaining flour. Spread the crumble mixture on top of the berries.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until crumble is golden brown.