I had been thinking about whipping up a vegan pancake batter for a while now using some kitchen staples I regularly have in the pantry. It's both easy and simple:
1 cup oats
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
5 tsp coconut oil
5 strawberries, sliced
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp raw cacao
1 tbsp chia seeds
1. Measure out 1 cup of oats and blend them in a blender or food processor at high speed until they resemble the consistency of flour. Add the bananas and unsweetened almond milk and blend on high until completely integrated.
2. Add in any optional ingredients and pulse until fully incorporated.
3. Heat a tsp of coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Make sure that the entire bottom of the pan is covered with oil.
4. With a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop out the pancake batter and drop it into the pan. Place 4-5 strawberry slices on top. Once brown, flip, and cook the other side until brown, too.
5. Repeat with remaining coconut oil and pancake batter.
6. Serve with maple syrup, honey, coconut butter, the choice is yours!